Visitu enables our Customers to decide which data is integrated with and shared on our platforms. Our Customers are responsible for data shared with Visitu platforms. Our End Users may also choose to share Personal Data (personally identifiable data).
We commit to transparency in our data collection and use practices.
- How we collect and use information
We collect the following types of information:
Information about Campus
We ask for specific identification information when a Customer engages Visitu. This may include user information, phone numbers, email address, message content, passwords, drivers license or ID data, and relevant Customer data. We use and often retain this information to communicate with and support our Customers, Users, and maintain or improve any Visitu platform.
Visitu will have access to Personal Data that is provided by the Customer, Parent, Guardian, Student, Visitor or other Users of our Platforms. The type of data collected will vary based upon the use by our Customers including but not limited to face scan, ID scan, date of birth, phone number, SMS, email, and other personal information. Parents and/or Customer may request review and/or deletion of personally identifiable student information.
Information automatically collected
Visitu uses tracking technologies including cookies and other tracking technologies to identify your devices such as software version, IP address, location data, platform type, phone number, device type, time stamps, and unique ID’s. This data allows us to evaluate how you use our Platforms and interact with Visitu representatives.
- How we Share your Information
Visitu does not rent or sell information for marketing purposes and we will never share or sell Student data with third parties for marketing purposes or targeting.
Who we may share information with:
- We share information within the Service as needed to perform the Service and or at the direction of the Customer. Sharing is dependent on the settings and functionality selected by the Customer.
- We may share information with our trusted third-party service providers who perform technology services on our behalf, but strictly for the purpose of carrying out their work for us. Such partners are subject to confidentiality and data security requirements.
- We may be required to share information with law enforcement or other parties when so ordered by a court or other legal process, or if we believe in good faith that immediate disclosure is necessary to protect the safety of users.
- We may share aggregated or anonymous data that does not identify any User or Customer.
How User data may be shared:
- In addition to other statements in this document, Visitu may facilitate sharing if so instructed and authorized to do so by a Customer. Our Service enables interactions with various parties and stakeholders for the benefit of a Customer. Customers should carefully review the privacy practices of each third-party application before agreeing to integrate with or share data.
Visitu stores data in the United States, unless otherwise noted for an international Client or platform. We invest in data security and safety.
- How we Store and Protect Information
Storage and processing:
Information collected through the Service is stored and processed in the United States. If you use our service outside of the United States, you consent to have your data transferred to the United States.
Keeping Information Safe:
Access to information is limited to those employees who require it to perform their job. Visitu maintains administrative and technical procedures to protect information stored on our platforms. We encourage Customers to maintain strong passwords and credential management when interacting with our platforms.
Visitu does not knowingly collect any information from children until a Customer (ex: School) has obtained appropriate consent for the child to use the Service. Because Visitu relies on our Customers to manage notification and consent of their user data, we rely on them to provide appropriate notice and management of consent.
Links to Other Websites